Friday, May 6, 2011

Five Minute Friday.


 
The Rules.

1. Write your heart out for five minutes and show us what you’ve got. q
2.Tell your readers you’re linking up here and invite them to play along.
3.And most importantly, go visit, read, and encourage the fellow five-minuter who linked up right before you.

Motherhood should come with...
 
I could get artsy  and reflect on the sisterhood of moms(which is great) but I really think we all should be given a handbook of weird childhood illnesses that no one has ever heard of. Impetigo? Fifth's disease? Croup? Roseola? Its crazy. I also think it should come with a healthy dose of humility. I mean really. We all have a checklist in our head of things we WILL do and will NOT do with our kids when we finally have them, but the truth is those little things are PEOPLE. They have their own personalities and interests. Just because you dont want to 'stereotype' your boy doesnt mean he won't love cars, trucks, wrestling, and sharks anyway. Just let them be who they are. And don't say what you WONT do in front of seasoned moms. I can't tell you the remorse I've had for the arrogance in informing all the moms I know of what I would do better(in not so many words) The truth is, your kids are sinners, and so are you. Pray for yourself and for them, and roll with it.





1 comment:

  1. "Pray for yourself and for them, and roll with it."
    That's how we roll, that's for sure! Great post!

    ReplyDelete