Thursday, April 14, 2011

Its been 14 months since I last logged in to this blog. The simple explanation is I found I out I was pregnant the week before(or after, not sure) and I lost all interest in blogging about my cleverness. I also get bored with myself and I figure most people feel the same so I quit. But I've seen blogs of my friends being used as a way to start and continue discussions when we are too busy to get together over coffee every week. So maybe that will work for me too.

The problem is, I have some really witty and insightful friends. I love reading what they have to say, and I think about how taxing it is for me to come up with fun things to write about and how to say it, so I quit. But I thought writing in a semi-public (here's hoping this isnt on anyone's google reader or rss feeds) sphere might help me to stay sharp in the writing area. So I thought I'd give myself a test. If I can come up with 10 things to say--however random--In the next 5-10 minutes or so, without fretting about how to say it, I might stick with it. If it is too hard or I spend forever trying to reword stuff, I'll probably forget about it.

1. I am SO excited about getting my hair cut tomorrow. It is past my shoulders and It is driving me crazy. I can't wait to get it off my neck, but this also means that I will have to FIX it very day. UGH. but, this will coincide with my desire to get up earlier than the kids, since I'll HAVE to fix it before I can leave the house.

2. Dirk is going to graduate from seminary in December! I can't wait. He has turned into quite a fantastic preacher so I'm excited about ending this chapter and starting a new one. He has been in seminary for the past 6 or 7 years(I lose count) so I can't WAIT to see what its like to not have papers or required reading hanging over his head.

3. As I mentioned earlier, I really want to start getting up around 5:30 or 6 every morning, but I think my bed is too comfortable. I just can't make myself do it

4. My youngest little boy is sitting in his high chair after a tasty breakfast of formula and multigrain cereal and watching his big brother and sister play. He is fascinated. I really can't believe we are at a place where he can sit in a high chair. It seemed so far away when he was born.

5. We have 3 kids. We might have more.

6. For Josiah's 4th birthday a couple weeks ago we gave him a butterfly cage and a coupon for catterpillars to be received in the mail. We got them in yesterday, and we are ALL excited about watching the little guys turn into butterflies.

7. Our home has been something of a suburban form of bliss lately. Our backyard has become a place for Naomi and Josiah to really play--and by themselves no less. The weather has been nice and since they have lots of stuff to enjoy and have mastered independent play, watching them get their daily dose of vitamin D has never been more fun.

8. I really feel old since I have TWO little ones that can get shots without screaming. I found this out at their 2 and 4 year old check ups yesterday. They did so awesome, and I found out that they have BMIs of 17 and 16 respectively. Its seems so early to be worrying about their body mass index, but alas.

9. We are heading to the library in a bit. On the agenda besides getting all the Mo Willems books that are on the shelves and any other book that their hand happens to fall upon, is to pick up some books about butterflies and frogs. Those are the animals or interest this week. Last week it was arctic animals and sea spiders.

10. Tonight we had tickets to see the Avett Brothers in concert and THANKFULLY they postponed the concert until May 20. Aparently Scott Avett's wife is about to give birth to their 2nd child. A great reason to reschedule and It works for us since my mom(my parents are our baby sitters of choice) is recovering from a ruptured appendix. Pray for her speedy recovery--she's in a lot of pain.

11. Naomi just climbed up on my lap and told me to help her wake up. She sat there for a second with her eyes shut tight and waited for me to shout, "WAKE UP!" Then she waited for me to take a turn. Love that girl.

Ok, this wasn't so hard. We'll see.

3 comments:

  1. Ha! Sorry, you are on my reader ;) I'm so pleased that you blogging again! I think random lists are the way to go for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps--that is awesome that the concert was postponed!!!

    ReplyDelete