Monday, April 18, 2011

Speaking of coffee...

Coffee. It has been a part of my life for about 13-14 years now. We're still together after all this time. There have been periods of tension and disinterest especially during pregnancies, but we're back now and better than ever.

I told Dirk a few weeks ago that I knew I had a problem. I knew that if I wanted a healthier lifestyle that I knew I would have to give up my warm cup of caffeine, refined sugar, and fat. But I got over that after a few days of experimenting with different herbal teas. Ugh. There is no comparison. And after all, its not as if I'm milling my own wheat berries and sprouting my grains over here, so why stress over one and a half spoonfulls of sugar and a splash of half and half?? I think I'll live. (Sorry, "black or not at all" crowd, you may have more hair on your chest, but you are missing out.)

There is just something comforting about holding my favorite mug of some warm, quality, prefectly mixed verona to get me ready for the day. And after the kids are down for naps, seeing just enough in the press for another cup is my reward for...something. Anything, really.

I guess my point is this: I like coffee.

1 comment: