Monday, January 18, 2010

Evenings at Home

Once the kids are in bed and the dishes are done, Dirk and I usually share some sort of dessert on the couch and spend time just relaxing and talking about the day. We never really planned this to be our ritual, but I guess we just started protecting that time when we could and it developed into something that we both looked forward to at night. Lately, the evenings have looked a little different. I've been going to the gym and we've had a few more evenings out than usual. But when I get back from a workout or if we have that quiet time at home, we have our dessert. When Dirk is out, I still give myself a set amount of time on the couch, not doing anything but relaxing--preferably with a book--before I set about folding clothes or baking something for the next day.


Lately, our dessert of choice has been hot cocoa. But not just any cocoa. We have been making peppermint whipped cream to go on top. And of course: red sprinkles. It doesn't sound fancy, but it is tasty. Occasionally, it is accompanied by biscotti but we're ok without.

I highly recommend this treat--the relaxing time and the peppermint cocoa. I know lots of us are watching our waistlines and the scale, but come on! You need to live a little bit. It is good for your peace of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment