Saturday, January 16, 2010

Jalapeno Jelly!


I made it. I'm so excited about it. I guess I should wait to post about it after we've tried it out since we opted to throw in 3 of the 15 peppers in whole-seeds and all. Our lips might fall off. We thought that it needed more heat, but we may live to regret it.

This is actually the second batch of jalapeno jelly that we've made. When I get up enough courage or I'm sure no one is reading this, I'll post up the story of the first batch. Its a doozy.

This little batch of jalapeno jelly is the first of what I hope will be lots of homemade tasty treats. Next up is orange marmalade. It looked easy, and oranges are in season. My ultimate goal is blueberry jam, jelly, and syrup. I do love blueberries and since I have access to a blueberry farm to pick my own, I'm super excited about the possibilities.

I'm hoping sometime to have a true homemade peanut butter and jelly sandwich with homemade peanut butter, jelly, and bread.

I know, I'm weird.

2 comments:

  1. First, Homemade peanut butter is so so good. I need to make some more.

    Second, I clicked over here from the link on Dirk's facebook without really reading what he wrote. Then I realized it is a new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she should post about the first batch, it is a great story. --Dirk

    ReplyDelete